Established to support a national legacy following the Olympics, Legacy Leisure seeks to educate, inspire and support physical activity, to enhance the lives of our patrons and enable long term positive lifestyle changes.
Legacy Leisure is committed to increasing participation in sports and physical activity at all levels of the sports development continuum. This will be achieved by:
- Developing innovative and diverse programmes with a range of activities that will engage all sectors of the community
- Supporting the Sport England ethos of More people, More Active, More Often
- Working with National Governing Bodies to create lasting partnerships and sustainable programmes
- Working with local clubs to create developmental pathways through from grass roots to competition and elite level sports
- Implementing robust sports development plans to meet the specific demographic profile of each area Legacy Leisure serves
- Supporting and promoting the opportunity to participate with a comprehensive local marketing plan
- Employing and developing coaches and instructors that inspire and motivate participants to develop a lifelong participation in sport and physical activity
- Ensuring our programmes are inclusive and that everyone has equal access to high quality, affordable activities.